AllegroMedical.com has received a shipment of NIOSH certified filtering N95 Particulate Respirator FaceMasks and Non-N95 Facemasks for sale to the public and health care facilities. Quantities are extremely limited and we are unsure about future supply.
Respirator masks are very difficult to find because the April 2009 threat of the H1N1 Swine Flu virus caused the US supply of masks to sell out in just a few days. Due to the current preparation for what is now refered to as Novel Influenza A or Novel H1N1, we believe that these masks will sell out quickly.
Who Needs Facemasks and/or N95 Respirators?
Dated August 5, 2009, here are the CDC Interim Recommendations for Facemask and Respirator Use for Home, Community, and Occupational Settings for Non-Ill Persons to Prevent Infection with Novel H1N1.
If Novel H1N1 is in your Community:
- In unavoidable crowded settings, if you are at increased risk of severe illness from influenza (high risk persons) you should consider a facemask or respirator.
- If you work in a non-healthcare environment a facemask/respirator is not recommended but could be considered under certain circumstances for both non-high risk persons and high-risk persons.
- If you are a caregiver to someone in your home with a flu-like illness, use a facemask or respirator.
Health Care Workers
- If your occupation is in health care and you are caring for people with known, probable or suspected novel H1N1 or influenza-like illness, and you are in the non-high risk category, you should still wear a respirator mask.
- If you are in the high-risk category, you should consider temporary reassignment or wear a respirator mask.
Source: Table 1.
Here are the CDC Interim Recommendations For Facemask Use For Persons Ill With Confirmed, Probable, Or Suspected Novel Influenza A (H1N1) To Prevent Transmission Of Novel H1N1
Facemask preferred, if available and tolerable, or tissue to cover cough/sneeze if you are in these settings:
- Home Sharing Commmon Space with Others
- Health Care Settings (When Outside of Patient’s Room)
- Non-Healthcare Setting
See Table 2
We hope you stay healthy through this flu season. Let us know if there is anything we can get for you.
Thank you for being an AllegroMedical.com customer. We appreciate your business.