The wait for Allegro Medicals’ much anticipated logo redesign is almost over! In just one week the world will behold our new logo. Aw heck, who am I kidding. I can’t wait a week! Let’s reveal it now!
Here it is! Tadaaaaa….
The “new look” highlights cool subtle blues with hints of Caribbean sea foam. Combined with the mystery and passion of charcoal grey, the ensemble really says – we’re professional but we also care. Which we do by the way. Allegro Medical has been around since 1996 in case you did not know. Yep, we’ve helped over 2 million people with their medical supply needs. Quick story. Have you heard of Google? You, know the search engine and the maps and the email and the Chrome browser and the phone… Well, we started Allegro Medical (the first online medical supply store) even before Google. Ha!
Okay, back to the logo. Look at the amazing fonts. You can Just feel the effortless lower case relaxed style which makes you want to say, “a l l e g r o m e d i c a l”. Say it with me now – a l l e g r o m e d i c a l”. It’s all lower case. I know. It’s like a comfortable pair of slippers. The fuzzy kind that slide right on. Capital letters are fancy. The all lower case font really says, “hey, I feel good about my self. I’m good at what I do. I don’t need to impress anyone.”
You might notice if you have spent a lot of time staring at our current logo, we booted the “.com” off the end. Who needs it? Everyone knows to type “allegromedical.com” into your browser to find our website. And if you just type “allegromedical”, our friends at Google will send you right on over anyway. It’s probably like the same thing that happened with telegraph messages. You know, you used to have to say “stop” after every sentence. Our new logo is amazing “stop”. It will bring about world peace “stop”. It will be portrayed by Ben Affleck in an upcoming action movie “stop”. Eventually, everyone figured out you don’t have to say “stop” after every dang thing. I’m sure if you needed to send a telegraph today you don’t say “stop”.
Lastly, our designers felt our logo needed embellishment. Similar to popular shows like “the Voice”, “America’s Got Talent”, “American Idol”, and “the Bachelor”, we held our own contest for icons; and they came from far and wide. There were globes, eagles, check marks, rockets, wheelchairs, medical symbols, bears, and graphics of all types. The competition was fierce and the judges deliberated. But they were deadlocked. It came down to a dart throw – while blind folded – at the icons. And the winner was selected! The 3 dimensional box thing. With only minor injuries, “3D” as he’s known around the office now, has already started embellishing our new logo with skill and poise. Oh, and since we’re still celebrating our 20 year anniversary, the “20 year anniversary” button is right there to let you know we still have sale prices on thousands of medical supplies.
Enjoy the new logo!
Bolingbrook, IL, November 21, 2016 (Newswire) -A lot has changed since Allegro Medical opened its virtual doors in October 1996. “There are not too many eCommerce companies who have been around since 1996. This makes us one of the oldest, says AllegroMedical.com founder Craig Hood.”
“There was no guarantee that online medical supply sales would be successful 20 years ago,” said Hood. “But my previous work as a caregiver for people recovering from traumatic brain injuries and strokes, helped me understand the types of products caregivers and patients needed.”
Now, Hood and his team at AllegroMedical.com are saying thank you with a series of promotions, price reductions and sweepstakes beginning November 18th:
“We’re giving away products that are either necessities, or make life easier for our customers,” says Hood. For example, contestants may enter the Product Sweepstakes drawing for a chance to win thousands of dollars in prizes including an E-Wheels Sit-n-Stand Mobility Scooter, catheter supplies from Cure Medical and Coloplast, a Medline Lightweight Wheelchair, a Healthline Shower Taxi Shower Chair, Sunmark Rollator and shower bench, Prevail® incontinence products, a Drive|DeVilbiss Transport Wheelchair, ReliaMed Fingertip Pulse Oximeter and much more.
“Many of our customers are on tight budgets and may have challenges paying for their medical supplies. That was the inspiration behind the Comp your Cart – FREE Order Sweepstakes,” said Hood. Winners of the daily Comp your Cart Sweepstakes will be elated to find their order paid for at checkout (up to $75) by prize providers such as Cure Medical and Prevail® by First Quality.
Also with the thought of helping customers keep their medical supply expenses down, we are offering free shipping on nearly 10,000 products for a limited time between Black Friday and into December past Cyber Monday. And at the same time, Allegro Medical is doing what they call a “Once in 20 Years” sale, where over 50,000 products are marked down through December.
“This is our way of showing our appreciation to customers for their loyalty and trust over two decades,” said Hood.
Official contest rules and additional details can be found at www.AllegroMedical.com.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be a legal resident of the Fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Sweepstakes begins November 15, 2016 and ends on December 17, 2016. For alternative entry method and complete details, see official rules available at www.allegromedical.com. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
About Allegro Medical: Allegro Medical, a division of Scrip Companies, is a leading online seller of life enhancing healthcare products based in Bolingbrook, IL. Founded in 1996, Allegro Medical has helped over 2 million customers with their medical supply needs. Allegro Medical was the first eCommerce business in healthcare, now celebrating 20 years of success.
For More Information:
Vice President Marketing
ALLEGRO MEDICAL COMP YOUR CART –
“FREE ORDER” 20 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the Fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. You need not be present to win. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Allegro Medical Supplies, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
- HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. EDT on November 24, 2016 EDT and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on December 24, 2016. You may enter this Sweepstakes via either the on-line or mail-in entry methods described below. Regardless of entry method you may enter only once per day. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST of the last day of the Sweepstakes, i.e. November 30, 2016, whether submitted on‑line or mailed. Proof of depositing entry in mail is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted from post office boxes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- ON-LINE ENTRY METHOD: Beginning on November 24, 2016, you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes when you submit an order on-line at allegromedical.com. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the named entrant and/or originating at any other Internet Website, including (but not limited to) commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites are void.
- MAIL-IN ENTRY METHOD: Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes without making a purchase, by hand-printing the words “Free Order 20 Year Anniversary” Sweepstakes, your name, age, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and e-mail address (if applicable) on a 3” x 5” card and mailing it in an envelope to: “Free Order 20 Year Anniversary” Sweepstakes, Allegro Medical Supplies, Inc., c/o Marketing Department, 360 Veterans Parkway, Suite 115, Bolingbrook, IL 60440.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be thirty (30) Free Order Prizes awarded. Each Free Order Prize consists solely of the amount of the purchase price of the winning purchase (not including taxes) not to exceed $75.00. The prize for entrants not submitting an order will be $75.00. The total value of all Free Order Prizes to be awarded depends on the amount of each Winner’s purchase, but will not exceed a total of $2,250. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner may be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification).
- RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries, [on each day during the Sweepstakes Period] by judges selected by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Only one Winner per household is permitted. The Winners of the Free Order sweepstakes will be notified by telephone, email, or mail service by December 31, 2016.
- Prize conditions: No substitution for any prize will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsor. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within fifteen (15) days of issuance. Failure to return all required documents in this time period may result in the Winner being disqualified and an alternate Winner selected. If a prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or declines acceptance of the Prize for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, Winner and entrant hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the reasonable use by Sponsor of the Winners’ and entrants’ photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, hometown address, contents of the entry form and the name and age of the Winners and entrants without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Sweepstakes.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes and are equal regardless of method of entry.
- CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Sweepstakes or the website. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, all Winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Chicago, Illinois. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Winner and entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Winner, entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
- WINNERS LIST OR OFFICIAL RULES: For an Official Winners List (available after January 15, 2017) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Free Order 20 Year Anniversary” Sweepstakes – WINNERS – or – OFFICIAL RULES (please specify), Allegro Medical, c/o Marketing Department, 360 Veterans Parkway, Suite 115, Bolingbrook, IL 60440. All requests must be received by May 1, 2017. Official Rules also available at allegromedical.com.
- SPONSOR: Allegro Medical, 360 Veterans Parkway, Suite 115, Bolingbrook, IL 60440.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Ó 2016 (ALLEGRO MEDICAL). All rights reserved.
I compete in adventure races all around Texas, from Grapevine to Bandera. I have been running for 25 years, since cross country in Junior High.
I injured my ankle in Bandera, Texas during a trail race. I was halfway through the race and it had been raining so I had a thick coat of mud on my running shoes. All of the sudden I rolled my ankle and heard a loud “POP”. Some guys running in front of me stopped and turned around and looked at me. I asked them what that sound was and they said it was me, and then I felt the pain! They wanted to help me to the aid station which was a mile and half away but I told them to go on and that I was fine. I tried running on it and that didn’t work because it kept rolling outward.
So I hopped all the way to the aid station and they suggested that I drop out of the race. I suggested that they duct tape it and let me finish, but they disagreed with me. By the time I made it back home and went to my sports medicine doctor, I had a grade 3 sprain and completely tore my ATF and calcaneal ligaments in my ankle and damaged my posterior ligament.
I purchased the Malleoloc Ankle Brace from AllegroMedical.com on the recommendation of my physical therapist. I wear it when I compete in trail races to prevent my ankle from rolling and possibly injuring it again. It works.
I also purchased the GenuTrain Knee Brace for my patellar tendonitis because an ER doctor told me I would never run again.
With the use of these braces I can compete in races with no problems.
This is the 2008 race calendar for Terra Firma Promotions Adventure Race Co. I’m on the cover, right side, on the mountain bike.
A big thanks to Michelle for sharing her story. We wish you luck in your future races!
Has an Allegro product helped you? If so, let us share it with the world! Send 400-500 words in an email, (include a picture if appropriate), to Valerie Paxton at vpaxton (at) allegromedical (dot) com. (Email address deconstructed to prevent spam).